Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Torqued Racing at Putnam Park.

I am a bit late with this one.

A few of the Indy guys were going to run this event. So, I figured that I might as well get out and spend some quality seat time with them. It had rained there the night before, so when we got there, it was still pretty damp. Due to the time of year, it was pretty chilly, not to mention, the crazy winds.

The first session had a decent amount of moisture on the track, but not much standing water. It was still early, so the track was pretty cold and made for a very unpredictable track.

As the day progressed, the track dried out. I still dialed it back through T4 and T10 due to the grip conditions. The sessions progressively got faster and the wind got faster, too. I actually got a case of helmet buffeting which was pretty wild. Very odd feeling and not expected in a car with a roof. haha.

Anyways, it turned out to be a fun day with some good buddies. Even without pushing through those couple of spots, I still ran faster than I had there before. Just off of video, I had consistent low 1:24s and one showed to be a high 23, but due to video, ehhh. haha. Given the conditions, I was extremely happy with my driving for the day.

Video with some off-road action can be found here: https://vimeo.com/50027940


No comments:

Post a Comment