Saturday, August 25, 2012

MID OHIO WAS FRICKIN' FANTASTIC!!!

Wow, I don't know whatelse to say. Mid Ohio was amazing, the weather had it's moments, but other than the rain it was almost perfect. The hotel was a great place for us to stay with the waterpark and food very close.

Running with the Porsche club was fun. We ran Pro Course with eliminates the chicane coming up into the Keyhole. I took the weekend "slow" since I knew that I had an extended stay. The first session out was a mess, tons of the race cars came out to test, nowhere near even a clean section, let alone a lap. The second session was less jam packed, so I got the flow of the track. The rest of the weekend was pretty straight forward. I got a bit loose going into Thunder Valley in the first session on Sunday, but kept on pluggin' away. I had a fun time, the paddock was huge, so I didn't get to set up anything on track with the Miata crew. Oh well, I got to learn the track and get seat time AT MID OHIO!! haha.

Said first session on Sunday.
https://vimeo.com/48088029

Picture from the paddock.

Monday and Tuesday was ITR Expo. So pumped, all the track buddies that you only see a few times a year, etc. Plus, it was a couple more days at Mid Ohio. With Expo we were running Club course with the chicane. At first, I thought, great, I have to learn this place, again! It took a few laps and I was ready to go. Club course is sooooo much fun opposed to Pro. Maybe, it is just me, but that chicane is a blast. Both days went pretty smooth, too. Besides on Tuesday when I went to get gas and messed up my exhaust. On the positive side, I did propose to Brandy at the Expo banquet. haha. That was something that I will always remember for obvious reasons, so fun, yet so nerve racking. It went well and everyone made sure to congratulate us. Thanks again, everyone.

A couple videos from Expo, as well as pictures.
https://vimeo.com/48148105

https://vimeo.com/48011145


And, can't forget this..

No comments:

Post a Comment