Thursday, March 6, 2014

Joe Farrell Interview.


Joe Farrell is commonly know as Doespike around the ITR Expo paddock. Doespike is a nice, quiet gentleman that is known for using his flashers around VIR! Nike used to have an ad campaign called "Bo Knows", but now these import kids are using the term "Kanjo". The question is what can't Joe do?! Joe was pretty much the mastermind behind the Mansfield Reformatory banquet. Joe might be quiet, but his track resume is not. Can Joe pick between which Type R to take to the track, yes! Well, I think it is time to get to know one of our #IntegraFriends a little bit better..


BA: What was your first car and what ever happened to it?

JF: 2001 Acura Integra GS sedan. I still have it, mostly winter DD duties.
I wish I had Leno monies for a full subframe-off restoration. haha



BA: What got you into racing or into cars in general?

JF: I Loved the look and feel of my first car. I began to explore the Acura world and found they made a no-BS trim level called the Type-R. I began to learn all I could about them which led me to ITRCA and the old Honda-Tech ITR forum.


BA: What has been your favorite car to drive on track?

JF: ITR, it was bred for track duty right out of the box.


BA: What is your favorite track that you have driven?

JF: Watkins Glen International. It is an absolutely amazing and historic track with an incredible town that is into the racing heritage as well. Glen trips are just a blast start to finish, on and off track. 



BA: What do you enjoy most about racing or the car community in general?

JF: The friends that I've made and places that I've been able to visit. And it is all because of these little cars.


BA: How many Expos have you been to now?

JF: Seven! I still feel like a n00b.



BA: What keeps bringing you back to Expo?

JF: Friends, old ones and new. We also run a very unique event compared to other car clubs. You definitely get much more bang for the buck at ITR Expo.



BA: Is it easier to log the miles that you do every summer since you have two Type Rs to pick from?

JF: Haha, yeah. I now use my '98 with full interior and A/C for my WMHM trek each year. I nearly cooked to death the previous years in the '97.


BA: This will be your first time to Road America. Do you plan on using your flashers/hazard lights?

JF: LOL! Flashers will not be accepted at Expo.


FLASHERS ON!

BA: You are apart of Team Lazy, but there was nothing lazy about the preparation for last year's banquet. Do you think that Expo13's banquet will ever be topped?

JF: It was easier than you may think. Most coordination was done while sitting down at my desk at work(very Lazy approved). Caterer did most of the heavy work. I just wish I could have taken the tour!! :) I was actually surprised that most people did take it. I love how we are making Expo a well-rounded good time and not just another HPDE.  







No comments:

Post a Comment