Thursday, July 26, 2012

Super long week, so, how about a WMHM follow up.

The long week is going to make for a short post.

WMHM gets better and better, every year. This year was no exception, except it kicked my butt. I am still lacking sleep. haha. Getting up for the Grand Am races, tomorrow, doesn't help that, either. Friday was a super long day, I worked 5 hours, and the drive took almost the same amount of time due to a traffic jam. I wanted to run the Test and Tune, so I hustled to run two sessions. I was out of it and the track was lacking grip. Needless to say, I had two four wheel offs, one of which ended up stuck in the sand trap. Not the best way to "start the weekend".


Saturday started off rough, as well, since I woke up at 430am with a stuffed up nose. Of course, I couldn't fall back asleep, compounding the "great start to the weekend". The day starts off busy with instructing a couple different groups, plus driving. I was kind of blah, all day, so I took a few people out for rides. After the track went cold, they always have a dinner. Always good food and there are some amazing cookies, too. haha. Then, there was the raffle and I finally won something!! We also went to Sherman's Dairy Bar, bad idea, too much dairy for me.

Saturday session
https://vimeo.com/46237693

Sunday didn't start of much better, but it didn't start of as busy. I didn't feel that well, when I got there, so Mike went out with my student for the first session. That little break helped, I was almost up to par after noon. Sunday, I also pushed it a bit more, but still kept it notched down a bit. I ran 3 of the 4 sessions on Sunday to give me time to cool down and get out at a decent time. South Haven was emptying out, apparently. 196 was packed, so it always makes it funny to see people's reactions to the car. I made it home at a decent time, but I was still too pumped up from the weekend to go to bed. haha.

Sunday session.
https://vimeo.com/46319099

The weekend turned out to be great, even with all the silly stuff that happened during it. My driving was eh, but my student did a great job of learning and applying it. I can't wait for next year, actually, I wish WMHM was every other weekend. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment